Saturday, January 15, 2011

I Heart Booksale!

January 15, 2011
Booksale
Shopwise Arcade Cubao 

As a general rule, I condemn sudden heavy downpours. Who doesn't? Seldom would you find an umbrella in my possession or any protective gear designed to shield me from instant fever and runny rose; hence the general rule. Just like any rule, it admits of exceptions. (Omigod! I suddenly miss Elle Woods drama!) So, the heavy rains forced me to sashay into Booksale - one of my favorite places in The Cube - to kill time and patiently wait for the rains to stop. Obvs, I always treasure every minute I spend in that place. Look what caught my eye and destroyed my weekly budget. 

It's THE Nancy Drew! I literally gasped at the sight of this. It brought back wonderful memories of my bibliophilic grade school years.

 Brand new & thick as an old school family album

 It got an envelope at the back which says "Postcards". When I opened it (note the whitish area), book covers of ND series posing as postcards were revealed. Smells good too!

All pages have interesting features which showcase ND's adventures in the series. Pop-ups galore. Very interesting. As of this writing, I actually finished reading the book. Told ya, I'm a fan!

Spell H-A-P-P-I-N-E-S-S.

I'm eager to click "publish post" now just so I could read the rest of my book haul upstairs. Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment